Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

My First Paint Night

Panther and Meeko painting by Kara Hartz
As usual, I'm behind on the latest fads. Those, drink wine and paint nights have been big around her for quite awhile now. I've bee interested, at least in the painting part, but never had the time or money to attend one. That is, until recently. My day job put together a paint night as an employee appreciation event. Since we are a veterinary hospital, we got a pet themed painting. The sample, and the instructions were for a cat rubbing up to a dog, but as you can see, I changed mine to 2 cats, since I have 2 cats.

I don't paint as a hobby, so considering I didn't really know what I was doing, I really like how it turned out. I think my only regret is that weird thing I did trying to make Panther look furry and fluffy there in the section on her chest. I think the fluffy looks fine, at least in person, not so much in the photo, but I didn't try it anywhere else, so it just seems out of place. Should have been consistent. Oh well. It's ART!

Have you ever done a paint night? How'd you like it (and do you have a photo of your painting to share?)

No comments: