Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Health Check In

So I promised to check in with a little accountability on my quest for better health.

Our scale broke during our move, so I can't comment about any weight loss (but if I had to put money on it, I'd say there isn't any loss to comment on anyway). I confess my eating habits have been pretty awful. I'm still juggling too many activities, especially too many that happen around dinner time, so I'm frequently not home to cook real food. That should be changing in the coming weeks, but I know if could put more effort into being more prepared too. It's just exhausting. That's my only excuse.

On the exercising front, things are in better shape (pun intended.) My oldest daughter and I have begun the couch to 5 k program. We just ran day 4 today. This is the second time into the program for me, and I'm excited to be doing it again. I have never been an athletic person, so running 3 miles straight was such a huge accomplishment for me. I am SO looking forward to that feeling again. We may go slower in the program than I did before. My kiddo is still little, and I want this to be fun for her, and I don't want to push too fast. My youngest even ran the first day with us, but I knew she couldn't keep going beyond that. As tough as she is, that's a ton of work for those tiny little legs. But thanks to the wonders of Craigslist, I got a used running stroller for super cheap. It was only partly for her. Mainly it was a way to keep me from having excuse to skip a running day. No need wait around until someone else is free to stay home with her.

So the goals for the coming month are to keep on schedule with our runs, and to fit in more home cooking. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

You're awesome!

My doctor said I should be exercising four days a week (not just my measly little one)and with weights. Good for the bones, she says.

Oh well, doing the hike on Tuesday. Maybe I'll tie soup cans to my ankles and wrists. :p