Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Blog Award



Thank You Amanda for the award. If I haven't mentioned it enough yet, you can enjoy Amanda's blog over at A Fortnight of Mustard.

So, there are rules associated with this particular award I understand. And they are:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 8 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

So I shall do my best to play along. Number one, check. On to number two:

1. For two weeks my job was to guard butterflies. I fell asleep once. (It isn't a very exciting job)
2. I've been bitten by, a ball python, a rhesus macaque, several parrots, two or three cats and dogs, a black vulture, and I still like animals.
3. Sometimes I miss Ohio winters, like when it's 102 degrees in California.
4. I'd like a pet sheep one day.
5. I wish I liked to cook.
6. In high school, in a speech and debate competition for dramatic performances in which we had to play all the parts ourselves, I won using "The Kamakasi Sketch" by Douglas Adams.
7. I don't usually follow all the rules for these blog things.

As for rule 3, I can't think of 8 other people to award (see #7 of the things about me.) I think I need to explore more blogs. I will however award it to a friend, Donna over at Allergy Kid Mom. Don't let the name fool you, there's a lot more there than allergies (but that's there too if you're interested.) She does a ton of great book reviews.

The only other one that jumps to mind is Amanda, and I don't think it's good blog etiquette to give the award right back to her. Although, if I did, so you think we could squeeze 7 new things out of her? Well, instead, do what I'm going to do, and check out the blogs of the eight folks she picked.

Rule number four. . .hang on. . . okay, done.

1 comment:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

You gotta stop poking those critters with a stick and maybe they'll quit biting you! ;)

It's okay, Tony Rapino didn't follow the rules either. Instead of passing it along to specific bloggers he said anybody who read his post could take it. LOL