Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Ab Strengthening Setback

As a follow up to my post a few days ago regarding my search for ab exercises that wouldn't hurt all my abdominal scars - I guess I'm back to looking.

I must have strained or otherwise done something bad because I have found myself in significant abdominal pain for the past several days. All my ab muscles hurt, all over. Otherwise I might have been concerned there was a medical problem. At times on Friday, I was near tears with the pain. Yesterday was a little better, but only a little. Today is much better, and no longer feels like something is seriously wrong - now my abs feel like an overworked sore muscle.

This is a frustrating setback because of how little I was actually doing with my exercises. There really isn't all that much I can cut back on. Do three reps of the pathetically easy exercises instead of six? Seriously, that's about all I could handle doing in the first place. Will doing less even be enough to start building up any strength at all?

Grrrr.

Perhaps tomorrow I will hunt up a yoga routine that includes some ab work and try the ab specific exercises again in a few days. Now I'm not only out of shape and wimpy, I'm scared too.



No comments: