Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Rainbows



We had a beautiful rainbow here today.
I got to wondering. . . are there any old mythological stories about rainbows? They are so beautiful, so amazing, I believe there must be, but I've never heard of one. There are myths from so many cultures about the sun, moon, planets, and even the wind and rain. So there must be some great rainbow stories out there, right?

I just wonder why I haven't heard any.

I'm sure my curiosity will get the better of me eventually, and I'll search out some rainbow myths and stories, but I thought I'd ask here first, if anyone wants to share a favorite rainbow story.

1 comment:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

There's a poem about the rainbow bridge where dead pets go. Then there's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And God's promise not the flood the earth so he put the rainbow in the sky after the flood.

Hmm, I can't think of another one. Guess you'll have to write it. :)