Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Writing, revising, publishing

My novel revisions have been going a little slower than I'd hoped. However, that's probably I wanted a little guidance in revising and rewriting such a big project. So I've been reading:

and

both have been helpful, but reading is not editing, and that has added time. In the long run, not flailing about on my own, however will hopefully save time, and the ultimate goal is obviously to end up with a better book. So I think I'm getting there. Now that I've finished reading, and going the exercises and have a great list of specific things to tackle, the actual revisions are going well. The book is getting better. Should have it ready for my beta readers soon-ish. Heck, if you'd like to offer feedback or a critique, let me know and I'll send you a copy when it's ready for that phase.

I am also working on the paperback version of 

I will probably also eventually work on a paperback version of 
but it's so short I think that's why I didn't make a print version in the first place. But I'll go look at it again and see what can be done. As a reader, I like options. I'd like my work available to people however they best like to read.

I'm excited, and nervous about the whole process, and that's what makes it fun. Well, the writing and the creations is what makes it fun, the publishing makes it stressful, but that's life.

No comments: