Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Couch to 5k and NaNoWriMo Again, and Again. . . and again. . .and. . .

This is basically a repeat of my previous post "Couch to 5K is My Fitness NaNoWriMo", except I think this will be attempt 5 now? Maybe? I've lost count, but it doesn't really matter.

In that last post I said I hoped this try would be the one to hit the finish line, but I'm not sure it will be. My colon hasn't finished being persnickety even though the trouble making part is gone. It's taking its sweet time to heal, so my ileostomy reversal won't happen until August at the earliest.  There is nothing particularly tragic about this. It's only relevant in that I have a second abdominal surgery to look forward to with a second recovery and therefore a second (fifth? sixth?) interruption to my 5k training program.

Still, in the meanwhile, I'm running the program. I ran week 2, day 1 tonight and it went well. Maybe I'll have time to finish the whole program before surgery, maybe I won't. It doesn't matter though. I'll probably need to restart after recovery anyway. Maybe I'm not a 5k runner. Maybe I'm someone to just tries. A lot.

And connecting these two events for me again - I just learned there is another camp NaNoWriMo in July. I'm outlining right now - something new to me so it's slow going. I also have some other writing projects I want to move forward right now, but July will be a perfect goal time for getting the novel going. So far I think the outlining process will help me. Some complain that outlining takes the fun and spontaneity out of their writing but that doesn't seem to be happening to me. Instead it's making me excited about the story. It has a purpose - a meaning. It isn't lost and meandering the way it felt. I think I've been an outliner trapped in a pantser all this time.

No comments: