Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Learning to Knit: The Doctor Who Scarf

Did you know that there is a whole webiste devoted to the Fourth Doctor's (Tom Baker) scarf? All must be right with the world after all.

I'm learning to knit, in part, so I can make this scarf. My sister (and wonderful knitting guru) told me this is not a good first knitting project. If you don't understand why, click the link above and look at that dang scarf! But I want to make it anyway. From the looks of my beginning here though, she may be right. It seems that for some reason, my scarf is getting wider as I go. Must figure out how to stop that.

Oh well. Onward! That's my knitting philosophy for now. My project may be big, but my goal is simple - to have the scarf done by October so I can wear it at Halloween. That's gotta be doable, even for a newbie knitter. 


3 comments:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Yay. You're so totally cool! :D

My sister made me one years ago. My oldest daughter took it.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

You're so awesome! I nominated you for an award at my mustard blog.

Nissa Annakindt said...

I tried to knit one years ago but gave up not because it was difficult but because I never finish things.

I recently got some of those knitting looms at Walmart and may well try to do a Who-scarf on it.