Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Five Stars - an Uplifting Surprise

I'm new to the ebook selling game, but I understand that getting reviews can be tough. I've heard of many shady practices, buying reviews, sock puppet accounts, etc. that desperate authors have used to try to get around this problem. Maybe I will never be a bestseller, but my ethics are important to me, so I decided early on, that I wouldn't worry too much about chasing reviews. For my own sanity and peace of mind mainly.

Still, my one nice review on Smashwords from a stranger made me very happy. (Eye of the Beholder is no longer available there, so I won't link). And just the other day, I logged into Goodreads to mark 'Revisionary' by Jim Hines as finished. (A great series - start at the beginning though with 'Libromancer' - you won't regret it) To my happy surprise, someone had given my 'Eye of the Beholder' short story collection five stars.

I know this isn't world shaking news, but for a little insecure writer who second guesses all her stories, and all her decisions about when to send those stories out into the world, even tiny encouragements mean a lot. Someone out there, not related to me read my work, and found enjoyment in it. It's huge to me.


No comments: