Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Slow Recovery

I'm back up and around and functional after getting sick last week. I'm doing just about everything normally again, except running. I still have a deep, moderately painful cough that's lingering. You probably know the type. I don't think my lungs can handle a run right now since they could barely handle it healthy. I am back to walking though, and each day gets a little better so I plan to start up the C25K very soon.

I've reads that if the C25K program is interrupted for illness or injury, or anything really, you need to back up the same amount of time you were out for. So if you're sick a week, you back up a week in the program from where you left off and start up again there. I was 2/3 of the way through week 2 when I got sick and that was 11 days ago. By my math, I should start the program over again from the beginning. Part of me thinks, "Darn it! I'm tired of starting over.", but another part thing, "Phew. I didn't feel good this round. I probably need more time in the early weeks anyway."

I also started doing more of an isometric exercise for my abs when both my doctor and a very fitness knowledgeable co-worker recommended the same thing to me in the same day. The hope is it will do a better job of strengthening my abused abs more safely than what I was trying before. Haven't been doing it long enough to have any results to report, but it does hurt much less, so there's that.


No comments: