Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Couch to 5 K Week 2 Day 1

I almost didn't advance myself to week 2, since week 1 was so much harder than I had expected it to be. Yet by the time I talked myself into getting out there at all, I felt like I might as well go all the way and go on to the next scheduled run. As usual with these things, I'm glad I did.

The week 2 run was still harder than I feel like it should have been considering how many times I've done this program before. I'm still disappointed how much strength and stamina I've lost. I try to be kind to myself, remembering that it isn't as though I just stopped working out for a year and am getting back into it. I was incredibly ill that year. In the not too distant past, I could have died from what I went through last year. It's really a statement to the wonder of modern medicine that, while last year was crappy, and I went through some non-enjoyable stuff, I was never really worried that my life was in danger. Maybe I should have been.

Still, starting from scratch to get in shape, when I did all this work before is frustrating. But what else is there to do? Not get  back in shape? That's the other option, right? That won't work for me, so here we go. Again.

I had my annual check up with my doctor today. I was surprised that he said he'd like to see me lose 10 to 20 pounds. I'd like to see me lose 50 to 60 pounds, so his advice feels like a piece of cake. Maybe that's a bad simile for weight loss. It feels do-able. I can handle that.

So tonight it's a walk and ab work (going to do ab work every day to deal with the lumpy tummy problem) and tomorrow C2 5K week 2 day 2!

No comments: