Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

The Mystery Quilt Finds a Destiny

I've always wanted to make a quilt for Quilts of Valor. It occurred to me the other day that the mystery quilt I've been working on would be great for that purpose.

In researching the guidelines for a Quilt of Valor, I learned that while red, white, and blue quilts are not strictly required, they are the most requested colors. So my dilemma about the colors for the setting blocks is now solved. I've made two setting blocks so far and really like the red and blue much better than the green and grey the original pattern called for.

I will need to make one additional set of four pattern blocks as well to make the finished quilt the size I need it to be to donate, but that will be fine. Now, I need to go look at the choices to see which one I like best to add.

Doesn't the red and blue look nice?


No comments: